Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that is beyond comparison. We have listed the services that we offer to our clients, together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Financial Forecasts & Projections
Forecasting is a necessity when trying to effectively manage and lead a business to profitability. From simple projections to complex financial modeling, our experienced staff can assist you in achieving your company's financial goals.
Assurance and Advisory Services
Every business must know where it stands financially at all times. Our firm's assurance and advisory services practice has over 4 decades of experience in balancing consultation and compliance services with a full range of general practice accounting and audit services.
We are experienced in working with entrepreneurs and their other advisors to create a harmony between your current concerns and your future needs.
Our Assurance and Advisory practice is noted for our innovative hands-on service and is fully supported by professionals in our specialty areas. We have a wide range of experience in many industries.
Corporate, Personal and Estate Taxes
At the end of the year, it's what's left in your pocket that matters and our tax professionals are skilled at designing an effective plan to minimize your taxes in light of current legislation. We help demystify the rules and offer a perfect mix of services to help clients resolve the tax issues facing them, including:
- Preparation of corporate, personal and estate tax returns,development and implementation of estate plans and corporate reorganizations, initiating appeals and negotiations with the Canada Revenue Agency, providing offshore tax planning, identification and preparation of scientific research and development tax credit filings, advisory services on GST and PST matters.
Litigation Support and Valuation Services
We provide a broad range of business valuation and litigation support services. Our reports reflect a unique blend of theory, litigation and corporate finance experience. They are candid and minimize the use of jargon to distill complex issues into clear, simple summaries.
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Our firm provides:
- Valuation opinions, loss quantification opinions, financial analysis and interpretation of accounting matters, expert testimony as to financial and related matters, net family property calculations and settlement solutions for equalization claims.
We also provide valuations for a variety of other purposes including:
- Shareholder and partner agreements, business and strategic planning, estate, tax and corporate planning/reorganizations.
Forensic, Accounting and Insurance-Related Services
In today's changing business climate, property and casualty insurance companies need to take advantage of every opportunity to manage their claims experience. Our professionals have been trained to assist in the review and assessment of claims as well as fraud prevention and detection.
Claims assistance includes:
- Business interruption, property and content loss, fidelity claims, net worth assessments, computation of income replacement benefits, computation of loss of earnings capacity benefits, litigation and arbitration support, informative reference newsletters for adjusters.
Corporate Recovery and Insolvency(through affiliation)
For companies undergoing reorganization, nothing is more critical than sound financial information and analysis. Successful rehabilitation of debtors and protection of creditors' rights depend on objective evaluations of debtors operations.
Through our affiliation with The Doyle Group we can offer our clients assistance in times of difficulty including:
- Application for a stay of proceedings to postpone creditor action, design and filing of a proposal to satisfy all stakeholders, reorganization of business to ensure long term viability, appointment as a trustee/receiver when required.
Information Technology Consulting
In today's ever-increasing technological environment, computers are becoming a nerve centre for the entire business rather than a general tool for bookkeeping.
As qualified installers of Business Vision, New Views and Simply Accounting accounting software packages, we offer a wide range of accounting software solutions coupled with a thorough understanding of the accounting and reporting environment.
Our services include:
- Review and fine tuning of existing information technology, design and implementation of new systems, training and follow-up support, data entry on a contract basis.
A professional and objective business valuation is a necessary component of many transactions, such as purchase, sale or reorganization of a business, shareholder and partnership agreements, matrimonial settlements, or estate proceedings. Our experienced team will provide you with an objective and accurate valuation of your business assets and goodwill.